Thursday 27 September 2007

Cat Out the Bag...

So, somehow once you've told one person it seems easier to tell more people and more people get to know!

After I got back from my sort of hen weekend I had lots of chats with my best friend about CDD and she did her own research. Once she'd read a bit about it she encouraged me to tell the other girls that had been at the weekend, and she would help! So we all went out for supper last night, amazing how last minute plans come together when normally I can't get these girls together without at least a month's warning.

Amazingly it was a really easy conversation but mostly because one of the girls knew all about it! Dee knew all about it because one of her friends (who I also know, I will call her V for now) is trying to make a programme about CDD. She has told Dee about it briefly though I don't think she's allowed to say too much. Anyway, Dee could understand where T (my fiance) and I are coming from so it didn't take much to get us all on the same wave length. Sometimes I'm amazed by how small London can be, imagine my friend and an acquaintance have had a chat about CDD when i've been agonising over it.

Anyway, I've now spoken to V about it because she seems very serious about the programme and to know all about it. Obviously at the moment I'm not a huge amount of help for her as I'm not married (yet!) and so not officially in a CDD relationship. However, T and I are going to talk to her after the wedding to see where she's at, if things go well we might help her. It seems that this element of our relationship is not destined to be as anonymous as I thought and to some extent feared. Of course I'm yet to talk to my family which I would have to do but if I could help V then maybe CDD would become less of a taboo. Certainly lots to think about!

Also, I've been approached by a journalist from Australia through this blog (obviously CDD is suddenly on the radar) but my loyalty is with my friend's friend but you never know. What do you all think about it?

The Wedding...well, I had a lovely chat with my Dad the other day. He was suddenly getting all emotional about his little girl growing up, we've always been close. I'm his only daughter so I indulged his emotional moment and I think we're going to try and do something just the 2 of us before the wedding. I finish work at the end of this week so I've got the days next week. Poor T is very much getting sidelined with everything that is going on in preparation for the wedding but we talk every night even if we have seen each other during the day. It's so comforting to know I can talk to him about anything and he normally knows what I'm thinking before I do!

Gee x

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Hey Gee, what happened to your blog? Some of us want to hear how things are going - good, bad or indifferent. Spill the beans, lass.