Monday 24 September 2007

Off the Cuff - good news!

I had a great weekend despite some rain and unexpectedly cold weather! So my girls weekend was a huge success (even if I say so myself).

It was just like the old days, we laughed and chatted the whole way through the weekend. These days it is so rare to get my closest girlfriends together in one place for even 5 minutes, so a whole weekend was amazing. The best news is that I managed to broach CDD, ok so not with everyone but with my best friend. We were sharing a room and on Saturday night after a couple of glasses of wine we were on the verge of sleep and I just came out with it.

I had the best laid plans of how to approach it but in the end being direct was best. I explained that T (my fiance) had brought this subject up with me and how much research we had been doing into it. Now my best friend hasn't always been a fan of T and at first she leapt to all the wrong conclusions. But after she'd switched the light back on, I think she realised I was serious and that I had thought about it. It was the most amazing feeling when she said 'I'll support you and be there for you to talk to.' Now, I know that when I am adjusting to the rules and the first punishments that I won't have to hide it from her.

I am already planning on telling the other girls, there just wasn't time over the rest of the weekend but I feel centred and confident again. I know how hard other people have found talking about this lifestlye choice and I'm hoping this is going to be insipiration because I've received such kind words of support.

So fingers crossed the understanding continues and more importantly the countdown to the Big Day continues...any last minute advice?

Gee xx

1 comment:

clementine said...

Hi!

I've just come across your blog through C's Loving Domestic Discipline blog. I am a freelance writer from Australia writing an article on the new rise of LDD or CDD marriages.

As you are just beginning your blog and are yet to be married (and enter this partnership) I would be very interested in interviewing you. Please be assured that the article will be a completely unbiased view of these relationships - I certainly do not seek to demonise your decision, rather to provide a better understanding of it for my readers.

I would appreciate getting in email touch with you to discuss this further. You can contact me on clementine.ford@gmail.com

Again, I want you to be assured that I am serious about this and mean no harm in my enquiries!

Sincerely,

Clementine